Thursday, August 18, 2005

Apologies and a link

In case you haven't noticed (and you probably haven't), posts originating from my keyboard have been few and far between as of late. This is because I am rarely seated in front of a computer these days except for five minutes here and there, as it's proofin' season here at the capitol. During the interim (when the legislature is no longer in session), my co-workers and I have to read the index of the Journal of the House out loud to one another, enunciating punctuation marks and everything. And yes it's as bad as it sounds, probably worse. It's times like this that "Bartleby the Scrivener" rings a little too true.

At any rate, sorry I've been AWOL except in comments on other postings. It'll get better in a couple weeks.

In the meantime, if you haven't seen www.spamusement.com, check it out. A cartoonist takes actual subject lines from his/her junk E-mails and draws cartoons to correspond with them. Many are clever and reading them one after another nearly brought me to tears the first time I did it, trying to hold in laughter here in my office. Enjoy.