Friday, February 25, 2005

Friday Poetry Blogging

Caribou coffee has a trivia question posted everyday, and co-blogger Christopher and I enjoy the mild competition of seeing who can answer each question first. Yesterday, the question was: "What fruit is a member of the rose family?" Conversation:

Elise: I know the answer to that one.
Christopher: What is it?
Elise: Apples.
Christopher: Seriously? So eating an apple is like eating a rose hip or something?
Elise: Yeah. But you wanna know how I know that?
Christopher: OK.
Elise: Robert Frost poem. Isn't that a cool way to know something?
Christopher: You should blog it.
... So I am. Here's the poem:
The Rose Family, By Robert Frost
The rose is a rose,
And was always a rose.
But now the theory goes
That the apple's a rose,
And the pear is, and so's
The plum, I suppose.
The dear only knows
What will next prove a rose.
You, of course, are a rose -
But were always a rose.