Tuesday, May 24, 2005

File under: Motherfucking Sonovabitch

Update: It looks like this may be a hoax. See the comments for details.

Via Feministing, via Trish, this is a truly disgusting blend of capitalism, reactionary misogyny, and all-round creepiness (emphasis mine):

protect her privates
Ever worry about your wife cheating?

Want to know where your daughter is late at night?

Need to know when your girlfriend's temperature is rising?

This amazing device will answer all of your questions! These panties can give you her location, and even her temperature and heart rate, and she will never even know it's there! Unlike the cumbersome and uncomfortable chastity belts of the past, these panties are 100% cotton, and use cutting-edge technology to help you protect what matters most.

But wait! There's more! Check out the testimonials:
david: When my daughter hit puberty I nearly had a heart attack. She started looking like a woman and suddenly she was wearing revealing clothing and staying out late with her friends. Rather than become an over-protective parent, I decided to try forget-me-not panties?

tim: My wife and I got married three years ago. Last winter I started suspecting her of cheating. It was tearing my heart out to think of her with another man. I monitored her through the mapping software, pantyMap�, for several weeks,and then I confronted her.

Please, please somebody tell me this is just a joke.