Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hump-day Top 5 List

Whew! I can't believe I'm so late in posting this! It is Hump-day with a vengeance in these parts. But the top 5 list must go on! Today, I wanna know your top five stand-up comedians. That's stand up, not sitcom. Here are mine, in no particular order:

1. George Carlin - favorite bit: meat-cake. Could be meat, could be cake.
2. Stephen Wright - favorite bit: owning a 1:1 scale map of the US.
3. Bill Hicks - favorite bit: anything about drinking.
4. Jerry Seinfeld - favorite bit: anything about Superman.
5. Chris Rock - favorite bit: $50,000 bullets. That's a killer concept!

Now, before someone jumps all over me, I know! There are no women on this list! And I did, truly, think about adding Ellen DeGeneres or Janeane Garofalo. But the thing is, while I love both of them in comic roles, their stand up just isn't as funny (to me) as the guys on that list. I dunno why. Feel free to draw what conclusions you will from that.

Update: Fuck. I forgot Eddie Izzard. And Rosie! How could I forget Rosie??? Dammit, there's not enough room!