Friday, August 19, 2005

Best Albums of the Last 20 Years

Spin magazine this summer released its list of the best 100 albums of the last twenty years. The full list is worth perusing (if you can figure out how to get to nos. 49-1 from the main page), but here's the top 10:

1. Radiohead - OK Computer
2. Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back
3. Nirvana - Nevermind
4. Pavement - Slanted And Enchanted
5. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
6. Pixies - Surfer Rosa
7. De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising
8. Prince - Sign O' The Times
9. PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
10. NWA - Straight Outta Compton

I can't say I disagree too much, though I might say Amnesiac should join OK Computer on there. I have all of these albums except the Prince (iTunes, here I come!), and I like them all. I actually listened to these PE and NWA albums so much I ruined the tapes. Ahh, late '80's life in the U.P. ...

Other albums that should be included?