Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hump Day Top 5 List

My birthday was last week, and one of the best presents I got was the 1st season of The Muppet Show. As we watched it this weekend, I realized just how much that show informed my sense of humor and comic timing. I remember that show as one of the few things we watched when I was little that my parents liked as much as me and my siblings did - and it's aged surprisingly well. I mean, ok, some of the hairstyles on Juliet Prowse and Connie Francis are pretty hilarious, but Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem still rock the house, and the Mana Mana (doo doo do do do) skit still rules. I also realized what a definitive cultural reference The Muppet Show is for my generation - I can't imagine having grown up without seeing Kermit and Miss Piggy on a weekly basis. So this week's question: Who are your Top 5 favorite Muppets? Feel free to include muppets from Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, the movies - just about anything from the Creature Shop is ok. Here are mine:

1. Kermit
2. Ernie
3. Rowlf
4. Animal
5. The Mystics (from the Dark Crystal)