Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The blogosphere is a-buzzing today with various things substantiated and un-.

The BAD news is that there's increasing evidence that, as suspected, Harriet Miers is one anti-choice lady. So stupid on all counts, it would seem. I'm kind of surprised that I'm not more outraged about this. I don't know if it's a case of outrage-overload or if I'm just being fatalistic: I mean, at this point I think Miers would have to personally behead a living fetus before she'd be rejected, and even then ...

The GOOD news - or at least juicy news - is that it sounds like special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald is getting some help with his investigation from a pretty highly placed insider. The Daily News is reporting that a "secret snitch" is helping Fitzgerald get closer to making charges: "They have got a senior cooperating witness - someone who is giving them all of that," a source who has been questioned in the leak probe told the Daily News yesterday.


And the UGLY news is that Shakes Sis wants to know what the hell Cheney's keeping in his pants (go to her site for the picture - it's too gross to post). I voted for a cucumber wrapped in foil, but what do I know?