Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hump Day Top 5 List - Thanksgiving edition

It's almost Thanksgiving, but I couldn't let the day go without a Top 5 list! I don't get to celebrate Thanksgiving this year (one of my husband's elderly relatives passed away after a long illness and her wake and funeral are Thursday and Friday), so I'm using the list as a way to get one of my Thanksgiving fixes: namely, I'd like to hear the top 5 things you're thankful for. Could be for the year, the week, the day, the hour, whatever. Just gimme five. Here are mine:

1. My husband, who reminds me every day how smart I was to marry him.

2. My kitties, excellent bed-warmers.

3. Getting knocked up, after trying unsuccessfully for a long time.

4. Polar fleece. Banal, I know, but goddammit I love that stuff. It's so SOFT.

5. The enormous number and diversity of really, really nice people in my daily life. Honestly, I know an awful lot of good folks.

Lay your list on me - and have a happy Thanksgiving, however you spend it!