Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Scream & Hello Kitty

I saw a reference to Munch’s “The Scream” on Christopher’s blog. It made me think about a short story I wrote in college about new parents. They weren’t quite sure what to do with the kid and had now clue as to what should be in a nursery. They felt compelled to put up some artwork. So, they put up two posters “The Scream” and a Hello Kitty poster and called it done. Strangely, neither item has made it on our list as Pam and I plan out our nursery.

Sadly, all of my short stories from undergrad and grad school were lost when I tried to fix a loose electrical connection on my old Mac Classic SE. I’ve never studied wiring before, but I did run the power supply from a toy train to my braces one time. I figured I was qualified. Needless to say, that Mac never worked again.