Wednesday, March 22, 2006

McCain in the Ass

I have a kind of grudging respect for John McCain, though I'd probably only vote for him if the other candidate had been a member of the Bush II adminstration. Much of that respect went out the window when I saw this post and listened to this audio clip of an exchange the senator had with a radio caller Tuesday. The caller asked why McCain would hire Terry Nelson as a campaign advisor, when Nelson has been implicated in the GOP's phone-jamming trickery in New Hampshire in 2004 and mentioned in the DeLay money-laundering indictment. (It's scandalous that the freaking MSM hasn't pursued this, but then they loves them some McCain.) McCain's unbelievably idiotic reply:

MCCAIN: I will check it out. But I've never heard of such a thing. I know that he was a grassroots organizer for President Bush year 2000 and 2004, and had a very important job in the Bush campaign as late as 2004, but the other charges I will go and look and see if any of them are true, but I've never heard of them before.
With such poor staff-vetting skillz, McCain is destined for the White House.