Friday, July 07, 2006

File Under: Disturbingly Friendly Pictures of Jesus


Happy Friday.

Last month we were back in Illinois for family fun, including Fiona's baptism. We had her baptized at the same church I was baptized (and where I attended grade school). The picture above has been in the church basement as long as I can remember. However, I forgot how disturbingly strange it is. Jesus has a strange grasp of his robe, a sweet savior-esque mullet, and a "whoa, I've been there" grin on his face. I have no idea what the kid did that would require Jesus to show up and try to console him. Beyond that, how does Jesus know what it's like to do what ever the kid did? What do you think could have preceded the Buddy Jesus appearance? Murder? Masturbation? At any rate enjoy and please ad a caption.

Mine: "Yeah, I know. They make you carry the cross and then they nail you to it. It fucking hurts."