Thursday, October 05, 2006

Prides and Prejudices

I already can't remember how I came across Prides and Prejudices, a blog written by "a sardonic high school English teacher," but holy smokes it's good - funny, smart, well written. I commend to you her entries "On Gentlemen Giving iPods as Gifts" (footnote 3: "You weren't seriously thinking of a Shuffle, were you? Come on! If a Shuffle would work you might as well just offer her the rest of your bag of Dorito's and take off your pants.") and "Petty Carping from Ms. K's Suggestion Box," but even her contact page is brilliant, for goodness sakes:

09. If the myriad other website authors who allow comments to be
appended their work please you so much, you ought patronize such
insecure populists, and their flabby judgments;

10. If you wish to query the expertise I have demonstrated via
some past article, or, even worse, solicit from me the sources of my
information-- up to, and including, properly cited references-- you
have mistaken my colossal memory and breadth of knowledge for the
sycophantic desire to please strangers by helping them with their
homework.