Thursday, January 11, 2007

Unbelievable Believers

Misty at Shakespeare's Sister found, on Fundies Say the Darndest Things, an incredible collection of posts from various Christian online forums. A few good ones:

"No, everyone is born Christian. Only later in life do people choose to stray from Jesus and worship satan instead. Atheists have the greatest "cover" of all, they insist they believe in no god yet most polls done and the latest research indicates that they are actually a different sect of Muslims."

"I am a bit troubled. I believe my son has a girlfriend, because she left a dirty magazine with men in it under his bed. My son is only 16 and I really don't think he's ready to date yet. What's worse is that he's sneaking some girl to his room behind my back. I need help, God! I want my son to stop being so secretive!"

"I appreciate your recommendation, and it is intriguing, but as a pro-lifer, I cannot support an organization that is opposed to the death penalty."

"[On homosexuality being a condition one is born with]
Just because you are born a certain way doesn't meant that is the way you have to be. Some people are born Asian, but through surgeries and counseling they can change."
I'll stop there, because choosing a few from the whole collection is futile: they're all so appalling and funny and sad.