Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Like a mini Y2K

Not sure if many of you remember, but daylight savings time is changing, starting this year. We're going to rid our addiction to oil by utilzing my daylight. The only reason I remember is that Microsoft is tying to send out patches to help with DST. It seems like the change is hosing up some applications.

I wonder how many people will be caught off guard this year? Will my DVR still be able to catch my late night broadcasts of Walker: Texas Ranger or will I be stuck with Perfect?

From the Microsoft Site

Starting in the spring of 2007, daylight saving time (DST) start and end dates for the United States will transition to comply with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. DST dates in the United States will start three weeks earlier (2:00 A.M. on the second Sunday in March) and will end one week later (2:00 A.M. on the first Sunday in November).