Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Larry Flint – Fighting Political Hypocrisy

Senator David Vitter (R – LA), was exposed by Larry Flint in the on-going DC Madam saga.

"This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said in a statement given to reporters Monday night. "Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and from my wife in confession and marriage counseling."
A couple of points of interest:
  1. He has received forgiveness from God?!? Why do some of he Christian zealot Republicans know they are understanding God correctly? I mean do they speak Goddonese? If so, which dialect?
  2. Vitter opposes same sex marriage. You can see he holds marriage in such high regard that he’ll pay for sex when away from his wife. Why not? She forgives him too.

Maybe Vitter and Coleman can swap wives and joints as they try to write the next round of hypocritical legislation.