Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hump-day Top 5 List

Whew, what a hump-day. I can't stop clicking over to Wikipedia or the BBC to see the latest updates on Katrina-related devastation. I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around the fact that New Orleans, Biloxi and various other cities are just ... gone. Most of all, I can't imagine what it's like to evacuate your hometown at the last minute and then find out you probably won't be able to go back for months. So. Today's Top 5 list should answer the question: What are the Top 5 things you'd take with you in an emergency evacuation? And here's hoping that most of us never have to make that list in real life. Here's mine:

1. My cats (I dunno if they count as "things," but ...).

2. The computers.

3. Our original artwork - we're blessed with artist friends, so we have a lot of stuff that's irreplaceable in the art department.

4. As many books as I could cram into whatever vehicle we took to leave, starting with the antique or out-of-print ones.

5. My great-grandma's jewelry box (with my jewelry, such as it is, inside it).

Those are the things that it would hurt the most to lose. What's on your list?