Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hypothetically

Hypothetically, if we had a big disaster. Oh, say a hurricane. In this scenario, one that floods an entire cities; and one so big it would require the president to open up petro reserves - where are the national guard troops?

I'm thinking the best way to protect and serve the tax payers at home is to send our troops half-way around the world. I know, you're saying "Matt, why so conservative and isolationist?" Maybe I'm becoming less liberal in my old age. I don't know, I just don't want to spend hundreds of billions to be the enemy that unites terrorists; while at the same time leaving the homeland exposed.

Let's hope the above scenario never plays out, for it may call into question the ability of a strong and resolute leader and it may well call into question the ways in which we protect our homeland.