Friday, October 07, 2005

He's on a Mission from God

From the BBC:

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State. [snip] Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

I don't know what's sadder - that our president is talking this nonsense, or that it actually might shore up his support with the base. Either way, I can't wait till He gets to the good commands: "George, release that video of you and the missus in flagrante delicto. George, ask Rumsfeld if you can see his Donald. George, tell Karl to go eat his weight in walnuts. George, have one sip of beer. G'on - just one."