Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I can feel my teeth rotting out just reading this

Coca-Cola is apparently launching a new product, Coca-Cola Blāk, that's a combination of Coke and coffee extracts. I can actually imagine this tasting pretty good, though I admit it's not a combination that would have occured to me. From the presser:

"Coca-Cola Blāk is an invigorating and stimulating blend that has a perfect balance of the effervescent taste sensation of Coca-Cola and natural flavors, with real coffee. The lightly carbonated, mid-calorie beverage, which is designed to appeal to adult consumers, is yet another example how The Coca-Cola Company reaches out to new audiences and addresses new beverage occasions.

"Coca-Cola Blāk is not just a flavor extension. It is a blend of unique Coke refreshment with the true essence of coffee and has a rich smooth texture and has a coffee-like froth when poured."

Sounds interesting, no? Now all I need to know is how the hell it's pronounced. I hate it when companies apply random phonetic markings just to make their product seem more upscale (yes, I'm talking to you, Häagen-Dazs). Is this pronounced "Coca-Cola Blake" or "Coca-Cola Black" or "Coca-Cola Blech?" I guess only time and the inevitable hyper marketing campaign will tell.