Thursday, August 09, 2007

A picture is worth a thousand curse words

OK, this is old, old news, but I'm catching up on my bloglines and I just saw it and ... jeebus, but if this isn't a sign of the apocalypse I don't know what the hell WOULD be. Check it: there are actually people out there who pay good money to turn this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

into THIS:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Seriously. Like, intentionally. WTF? In what warped world is the bottom picture an improvement over the top? What the hell kind of message are you sending your kid when you do this to their pictures? I admit, the top photo is a little pink and precious for my taste, but the "retouched" one will haunt my dreams tonight. And there are more ...

I just don't get it.

(Via Broadsheet.)