Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Greetings: Updates on Fi & Wii


Happy holidays, snackers. I hope the year is off to a great start for all of you. It’s been a while since I’ve posted (I know, some are saying “thank gawd” and others are saying “hmm, hardly noticed.”) back sometime in ought-six. My lack of posting will be more than venomously explained when I’m in a safe haven and we can scandalously dish.

We had a lovely holiday – hosted Christmas and Christmas Eve. Didn't have to do the three-way trip spending almost as much time in airports as with relatives. No sir-ee. With the first grandchild comes leverage. Outside of all of the cooking, it was a great time. Let’s be frank it’s not the baking, it’s the cooking that gets you. Included in the holiday mix were ice box cookies, almond tarts, cranberry bread, ginger-molasses cookies, lasagna, standing rib roast, garlic smashed spuds, chips, dips, drinks, and love, lots and lots of love...and by love, I mean butter.

Fiona did very, very well with her first Christmas and being passed around from one family member to another. Can't wait to see what the holidays are like next year.

The Wii part of the update, is that I’m still looking and am enjoying the hunt. In the mean time, I won my fantasy football league – suck on that Caged Furry, the Effenheimers still rule the roost! I will spend my *hard earned* cash on the new Wii and copies of Madden ’07 and Zelda.

Now aren’t you glad you waited for this post… be sure to drink your Ovaltine.